[cryptome] Met officer investigated over rape allegations

  • From: Doug <douglasrankine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cryptome FL <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 11:26:12 +0100

see url: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56581835

see full report...Institutionalised sex abuse in the UK police force?  Doesn't exist...says Met Police...leadership...Depends on ones definition I suppose...

Quote<<<

The Metropolitan Police is investigating allegations that a serving officer raped two of his female colleagues.

The officer was not charged and has not been suspended but faces a misconduct hearing more than three years after the allegations were reported.

The women were awarded compensation but one of them says "we were just cast aside and not cared for".

The Met says it takes "all allegations of domestic abuse extremely seriously".

A BBC investigation with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism found that the Met is also investigating whether details of the women's allegations were leaked to the accused officer.

The BBC has changed the women's names to protect their anonymity and is not naming the male suspect.

"Holly" was a junior police officer when she started a relationship with an older, more senior colleague. She says that after a few months he became controlling and violent.

After a night out with friends in 2013, she says he dragged her by the hair and "threw me into the dining room table and was going crazy at me".

"I was saying, 'please stop, you're hurting me'."

She says he then hurled her against the arm of a sofa, cracking her ribs. "It was an unbelievable amount of pain. I couldn't get my breath," she says.

Neighbours called the police but Holly was too afraid to report the assault.

On another occasion she says she was raped.