[cryptome] Re: Manhattan spook on catching traitors

  • From: Michael Best <themikebest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 20:55:03 -0500

"Anybody know the half life of an FBI file? It's longer than any of our natural
lives."

Always thought Cryptome was just based in Manhattan, not supplying dialogue for
the show about the project ;)

On Nov 25, 2015, at 8:48 PM, Michael Best <themikebest@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"You know, there were times I envied the spies. They never worked alone.
Rendezvouses, meetings, signals, betrayals... one big, happy family. Wanna
hear a joke? How do you catch a Communist? Hold a meeting. Not a joke,
actually, a real tactic. The FBI... a bunch of amateurs... but even they know
how to read a hotel registry or a passenger manifest. The best blacklists are
the ones the traitors sign all by themselves."

The writers were practically channeling JYA.