[cryptome] Hong Kong citizens to be given 'support' to come to UK

  • From: douglasrankine <douglasrankine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cryptome FL <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:49:14 +0100

see url: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56669016

see full report...I find it amazing that our British establishment will be welcoming all those Chinese rebels, revolutionaries and violent demonstrators and hooligans and vandals to our British soil...and so much money will be made available for their welfare, with the burden of their housing, education falling on the British taxpayer, particularly local authorities and residential taxes.  What happened to all this Brexit propaganda, where we would be ridding the country of immigrants who are allegedly taking up our valuable national resources and getting first place in the queue for services etc.

  I say all this rather ironically of course...But this sea change of government opinion and the Home Office, this complete about turn, is just amazing.  We didn't allow them to come over to the UK in the hundred years during which we reigned Hong Kong...and just think too, of all those spies for the Chinese Communist Party who will be smuggled in under the pretext of needing a home and a place to live...And not a word, not a dickey bird from all those racists in our society, and, amazingly the Home Office, one of the most racist institutions in the world; who fought such a vociferous campaign to keep out immigrants, limit immigration...and keep those monuments to British Imperialism which dominated over one third of the world at one time; and saw Brexit as the haloed ground for English emancipation and preservation of our British Way of Life...Funny ole world...😉

Quote<<<

Hundreds of thousands of Hong Kong citizens expected to move to the UK under a new visa scheme will be helped to access housing, schools and jobs, the communities secretary has said.

Around 27,000 applications have been made for visas brought in after Beijing imposed a national security law in the former British colony.

The visas give Hong Kong citizens the right to live in the UK for five years.

Robert Jenrick told the BBC ministers wanted to provide "necessary" help.

"If they struggle, then we're here to support them," he said.

"That means local councils being there to provide them with housing, with the benefit system standing behind them, with all the support the state can offer to make sure that no-one gets into difficult times," he added.

Meanwhile, one of Hong Kong's leading pro-democracy activists, Nathan Law, has been granted asylum by the UK.

Mr Law said the Home Office had accepted he was "exposed to severe political persecution" if he returned to Hong Kong.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the UK has a "proud history of providing protection to those who need it".