[cryptome] HSBC UK Bank moving over to Sound Recognition ID

  • From: douglas rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 11:04:49 +0000

see url: http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/19/hsbc-rolls-out-voice-touch-id-security-bank-customers

Frustrated customers must learn not to shout, else they will get even poorer service.

They are also rolling out touch id. You can put your fingerprint on to your smart phone and be recognised as Joe Bloggs.

I wonder how long it will be before someone comes up with a piece of software which spoofs them...:-) .
There will be additional id. security checks of course, d.o.b. mummy's maiden name, favourite pet dog, hobby and place of birth.

The only way to solve the problem of id. in my view, is to use what I call the Shylock method...cut off a bit of ones own flesh and use that as an identifier. It has the merit that it doesn't last long, so the flesh has to be replaced every so often. Mind you with recent developments in stem cell technology and human body replacement techniques, that method may soon be out of date. The next stage will be a fully certified clone, and the final solution of course, will be the whole of the human body used as identifiers, which we will have to present in person to the bank...:-). Back to the good ole days of bank managers and physical customers...:-) .