[cryptome] Re: Fetishizing a Smart Phone

  • From: John Young <jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 17:16:12 -0400

Good point. Apple absolutely fosters fetishization of its products, and has millions of fetishees enjoying membership in the iProducts cult. Apple's main marketing shtick is the faith that no other product is tailored to fit just you and people like you. Go to an Apple store and there on full display is everything needed to bond to iProducts, with crowds of eager salespersons ready to baptize with swipe of a credit card.

Now, in NYC at least, half of those iSalespersons are iSecurity personnel ready to pounce on customers unable to control their desires to get hands on beautifully displayed iJewelry but without the financial resources to purchase. So they stalk the display counters and beg for touching, holding, caressing, loving, adoring, yearning for iFetish delirium.

We are not immune, here at my left, is an iPhone. I never leave home without it. Not for ridiculous telephone calls, messages, tweets, emails with other people, but for the onanistic pleasure of bite out of the apple sinfulness from the deity of narcissism.

The i of Apple is just for me to self-fetishize, in God's own iMage.

Smart I am not but my iPhone is.

At 04:45 PM 3/13/2016, you wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I can fetishise my smartphone...:-) . I used to think that I was a master of fetishism, but after the POTUS's comments, I realise that I am a mere student of it.... I have never heard of fetishizing a smart phone.