[cryptome] FW: remove me

  • From: "Captains Lloyd and Valentine Nishihara LeCain" <graycap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:25:57 -0700

Please remove me from your list.

                   Lloyd & Valentine LeCain

-----Original Message-----
From: cryptome-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cryptome-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of JIM DRINKHALL
Sent: July 26, 2013 13:49
To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cryptome] remove me

On Jul 26, 2013, at 2:26 AM, Ben McGinnes <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        On 22/07/13 2:31 AM, professor rat wrote:

                " We did it because we loved you " - Markus Wolf, East
German KGB head

                "We, the Government, have vital information which we cannot
                disclose. It is upon this knowledge that we make decisions.
You, who
                are merely private citizens, have not access to this
                information. Any criticism you make of our policy, any
controversy
                about it in which you may indulge will therefore be
uninformed and
                valueless. If, in spite of your ignorance, you persist in
                questioning our policy, we can only conclude that you are
disloyal."

                Harold Thorby, Australia's defence minister in 1938

                "Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in
Russia, nor
                in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is
understood. But,
                after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine
the policy
                and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether
                it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a
parliament, or a
                communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can
always be
                brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you
have to
                do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the
                peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country
                danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

                --Goering

        And my favourite (source):

        "The Official Secrets Act isn't to protect secrets, Bernard, it's to
        protect officials!"

        -- Sir Humphrey Appleby, _Yes, Minister_

        Regards,
        Ben

Jim Drinkhall
drinkhall@xxxxxxxxxxx