[cryptome] Re: Edwards v Snowden (Not): or: How NOT to conduct a court case: The law of unintended consequences.

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 11:23:37 +0000

P.S. It is a pity that the judge didn't include a copy of the DVD in the transcript and his judgement. I do like to study all the evidence in a court case before I make up my mind...:-) . Still, that is one of the weaknesses of legal privilege...:-)

On 14/02/15 11:15, doug wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

see url: cryptome.org/2015/02/edwards-015-017.pdf

The law of unintended consequences.

This case gets funnier and funnier. Edwards has realised what I posted the other day, and asked for all this "secret and classified" information which is being publicised through his suit to be put under seal...which the judge has rejected. Citizen 4 have got very good lawyers...and an excellent publicity and marketing team...and never miss an opportunity....combine that with copyright infringement and one can see that they are trying to maximise on their investment. Snowden can't be a party to the proceedings, apparently...not enough locus...He really should come home...:-) .

It really is well worth reading this case, not only does one get a free transcript of Citizen 4, to digest at ones' leisure, but one gets an education in United States, civil and secrecy law, and, more importantly, on the very basics of how NOT to submit a case. I really am learning a lot from it...one of the best ways of learning...in my view...life in action.

The Citizen 4 legal team have put forward a very clear submission in answer to the plaintiff, from no legal geographical standing, to no personal harm. Well worth a read...if one has nuffink better to do...in my opinion.

I really can't see this case getting much further in the courts...but one should never take anything for granted...
Enjoy...:-) .