[cryptome] Bomb Syria: UK Vote tonight

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 18:28:43 +0000

Dear Colleagues,
At the moment it looks like the UK government will have a majority of around 50 to bomb Syria. The Labour Party leadership is in disarray, split between the old Blairites and the new Corbyins... :-), and Cameron and his cohorts are taking advantage of this.

Bombing Syria has nothing to do with establishing democracy in the Middle East in my view. It is about getting the Russians out of the Middle East, along with getting rid of Assad and replacing him with some kind of "democratic" "liberation" force which is funded, sympathetic and dependent on the Western democracies.

There has been a policy adopted by the US and the UK and many nation states in Europe, that, where possible, they will try to squeeze out Russia from the Middle East and pull the old Soviet satellite countries away from Russia and bring them into the European union. Nuffink wrong with that...except the cost in human lives of innocent people. Personally, I just object to the bombing of innocent people, who have been blackmailed, maimed, killed and threatened by all sorts of people and governments. "We" got rid of Gaddafi, and Hussein, yet, the people of those countries are now worse off, than before we became involved.

Now, you can agree or disagree with this, but the one thing I am sure of, is that bombing Syria is going to make little or no difference to the terrorist campaign in Europe or to sorting out the problems in the Middle East. It seems to me that the aim is to smash and disrupt and use the old Empire rules of divide and conquer, and fuck the consequences for us, and for the peoples who inhabit those areas. I am not a Muslim, I am not a Jew, I am not a Christian and I am not an atheist, I am not a pacifist and I am not a warmonger. I am a doubter and do believe that there are other ways of solving problems other than using or threatenging to use violence. How many times have I heard government ministers here in the UK saying that they won't be blackmailed by trade unions or human rights groups. or vested interests or pressure groups, yet the government is using the same tactics on the peoples of the Middle East.

The strange thing is, that for all the bombing that has gone on, the Muslim extremists and terrorists are using the same strategy of building deep tunnels and using the buildings above, which the Vietnamese National Liberation Front used. Hospitals, schools, community services will all get bombed in the name of killing terrorists. Instead ordinary people, men, women, children will get killed, whilst the terrorists are safe.

The extremists use the same strategy in Palestine, and of course the armed forces and polticians of Israel become the bad guys, just as the National Liberation Front did in Vietnam, according to the great US propoganda machine. This is not to excuse or a defence of Israel. They make much of the holocaust, but when it comes to defending their nation state they use exactly the same tactics and strategy as does any other nation state.
Nothing is done about Saudi Arabia or those dictatorships which are so essential to US and UK policy abroad. The purchase of arms and other military materiels, the power of oil interests, inhibits the encouragement of human rights, free elections, equal opportunities for all sectors of the community.
Time for a rethink, by our global world society in my view...but there you are...who am I...