[cryptome] ‘A fire they poured petrol on’: Boris Johnson and Priti Patel condemned over football racism ‘hypocrisy’

  • From: "Doug" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "douglasrankine" for DMARC)
  • To: Cryptome FL <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:05:35 +0100

see url: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-priti-patel-racism-euro-2020-b1882538.html

see full story...One of the patterns which I find very strange which exist in the UK Conservative and Labour Parties over the years, is that the Conservatives have a record of anti-Islamism, and the Labour Party has a record of anti-semitism...now...me being a non supporter of any religion...cannot possibly comment...😉 I think that religion is only ever any good, when its members are nice to one another...polite to one another, don't fight or support wars with one another; particularly its leadership...but they all seemed to get screwed up on that fact that their god is the only god...and that their interpretation is the only interpretation.  Me...I like a bit of competition personally, helps to keep the political system democratic and free from vested interests...😉

Quote<<<

Boris Johnson and Priti Patel have been branded “hypocrites” for condemning the racist abuse of England’s footballers, after their previous stances on tackling racism.

Labour seized on the prime minister and the home secretary having failed to support the team taking the knee before games – alleging they had given “license to the racists”.

Sayeeda Warsi, the former Conservative party chairman, also accused her own party of reaping what it had sowed – pointing to its fighting of “culture wars”.

And the former footballer Gary Neville accused Mr Johnson of having “promoted” racism, in his notorious newspaper article about Muslim women looking “like letterboxes”.

The criticism came after the prime minister said England’s team should be “lauded as heroes, not racially abused”, tweeting: “Those responsible for this appalling abuse should be ashamed of themselves.”