Re: USF4 changes!

  • From: Sameegh <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 01:34:11 +0900

Nah we just decided to skip it because we couldn't get a hold of anyone who
sold it in JHB, the metro seems fine for getting around Tokyo though. We'll
just buy jr tickets to Kyoto and back. I think it'd have been nice having the
pass but you're not handicapped without it. The only crappy thing with certain
jr stations is that there's no English and you need to select the price based
on the destination, this would be fine if the map were in English but it's not.
It's probably a good idea downloading a jr  mobile app to help in those
instances. It's also a good example of where the pass would be helpful since
one wouldn't need to read Japanese.

As for getting to and from the airport, a good option is to use the limousine
bus which stops at major hotels and points of interest and is cheaper than a
taxi ride (I think it's around 3000 yen pp). We paid around 9000 yen for the
taxi to drop us off at the hotel when arriving.

Sent from my iPad