RE: USF4 changes!

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:47:23 +0000

Sounds like you are taking a marketing comment a tad too serious...
I fairly sure its just a fancy way of saying the all of the environments are
procedurally generated.

Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:44:25 +0200
Subject: Re: USF4 changes!
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This trailer for this game pisses me off so much that I want to smash my PC
monitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-v6R_T1hEs

Every atom procedural?  WTF does that even mean you morons?

Did you codify the laws of Quantum Physics into your engine so that quarks had
no choice BUT to assemble into stable atoms?

And if you got that far, why even bother telling us stuff like leaves, rocks
and planets are procedurally generated?  Surely these things should have just
emerged from your awesome Quantum Physics engine?

Or let's give them the benefit of the doubt and suppose they just have
algorithms than can arbitrarily combine electrons, protons and neutrons to
create new atoms (much easier than even understanding Quantum Mechanics).
There are about 7*10^27 atoms in 70kg human body.  Suppose their algorithm can
procedurally create 100 atoms per microsecond (100 million per second).  That
means in order to create a human it would take 2.22 * 10^9 millenia to
procedurally generate 1 human.

-_-