[CPT-FGC] Re: Stuff

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:44:33 +0200

Today is one of those days I'm reminded of why I hate working for
corporates.

They want me to write an application to send the boss a summary report
every Monday.  No problem.  Except that this report is in SharePoint, which
has this functionality included.  Just set an alert on the report and you
can get a weekly summary about any changes.  I mention this, but they're
not interested because that's not what the boss asked for.

Then I say I'll just send him a link to the report in the email every
Monday morning.  No.  The boss wants every item to be displayed in the
email with a link to where he can approve or reject the report item.  I say
that it's going to mean opening a new browser window/tab every time he
clicks and he will need to switch back and forth between his email and
browser.  Doesn't matter.  The boss was very specific.

So now I have to write an application to send an email containing a report
with links that opens a browser window that shows exactly the same thing.
Except that if the report contains 10 items, the user will need to open 10
browser windows.  Because that makes total sense.