[CPT-FGC] Re: Hi

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:12:12 +0000

I'll get around to that when get home. Also finally do Titan HM...

From: Ryan Williams
Date:17/12/2013 14:17 (GMT+02:00)
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's not a part of The Hobbit, but it is canon. It actually happens BEFORE the
events in The Hobbit, not during.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Di Lhong
<numotd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:numotd@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Yeah the skin changer didn't make an impact in the movie at all...

btw, what's up with Gandalf being captured? was that part of the book? i
thought he found out about the "one" only in fellowship of the ring...the
timeline is a bit off no?

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Ryan Williams
<ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
The creation and inclusion of Tauriel was a fairly obvious attempt by feminist
screenwriters to introduce a strong female presence to a mostly male-dominated
setting. It's kinda meh, but I don't mind it. What I'm not ok with are the
numerous dumbshit amendments. I hate what they did to Beorn, for example. That
entire scene was just a crock of BS, when it should have been one of the most
memorable scenes in the movie. For starters, the dwarves aren't even supposed
to enter that way. Secondly, Beorn's demeanour and appearance is completely off
when compared to the book. Thirdly, they imply that he has no control over his
'abilities' which is also a load of bull. He's easily the most forgettable
character in the movie. What a joke.

Then there's the completely unnecessary soapfest during the latter half of the
movie that feels so awkward and tacked on that they would have been better off
leaving it out altogether. Why deviate so much from the book? Who are you
actually making the movie for? I can understand that directors have their own
unique vision for projects such as these, but when things are altered this
much, I just lose all respect for them.

Smaug was amazing. Everything that happened after Smaug made an appearance
though... I just felt like leaving the cinema at that point.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Di Lhong
<numotd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:numotd@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I don't think it's Peter Jackson's fault...more like the movie studio...they
wanted a Trilogy...because they want more money...i mean seriously, why bother
with the elf chick healing stuff when they're showing Smaug -__-"

I don't mind the little extra elf part. Because we barely saw any elf culture
before. It was a nice addition in my opinion. But the healing part was kindda
stupid...we already saw that in Fellowship of the ring with Arwen + Frodo.

Cheyne also made a good point since the first hobbit movie. He said a lot of
the scene are recycled from Lord of the Rings. Using the Eagles, Healing Elf,
etc.

But overall, Smaug was amazing. Got the characteristic of a dragon down to the
point :)

PS. Been watching lots of location test of USF4 Elena. Her slide does go under
fireballs :) but her combos seems short and lots of her special trades...no
invincibility :(

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Ryan Williams
<ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Me and every other Tolkien fan. The guy just changes shit as he sees fit. I
could forgive some of the changes in the first movie, but not this one. The Orc
antagonist, Azog the Defiler, should have died during the battle featured in
'An Unexpected Journey', but Jackson decided to keep him alive. This decision
affected the continuity of the story and it is very evident in the second movie.

I don't mind the darker theme (a rather dramatic departure from the
lightheartedness of the book, which was aimed at children to begin with), but
the changes and additions were completely unnecessary. Legolas and random Elf
chick shouldn't even be in the movie!

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
did he wrong you in the new hobbit movie?

________________________________
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:08:08 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I hate Peter Jackson.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 6:24 AM, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/dec/16/poll-which-6-games-do-you-most-want-see-official-evo-2014-line/

Which 6 games would you most like to see played at EVO 2014?
1. Ultra Street Fighter 4: 839 votes / 13.6%

2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: 721 votes / 11.7%

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee: 660 votes / 10.7%

4. King of Fighters 13: 591 votes / 9.6%

5. Killer Instinct : 505 votes / 8.2%

6. Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma: 324 votes / 5.2%

7. Skullgirls: 285 votes / 4.6%

8. Injustice: Gods Among Us: 271 votes / 4.4%

9. Tekken Tag Tournament 2: 261 votes / 4.2%

10. Street Fighter X Tekken: 241 votes / 3.9%

11. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R: 235 votes / 3.8%

12. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012: 211 votes / 3.4%

13. Persona 4 Arena: 210 votes / 3.4%

14. Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 176 votes / 2.8%

15. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix: 159 votes / 2.6%

16. Other: 115 votes / 1.9%

17. Soul Calibur 5: 111 votes / 1.8%

18. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: 100 votes / 1.6%

19. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: 91 votes / 1.5%

20. Mortal Kombat 9: 71 votes / 1.1%

Yoh people voted "other" over SC5, DOA VF and MK9. they all 3d games. damn.

Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:23:20 +0200
From: eccomancer@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:eccomancer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I think Elena has a sweep that has a very long reach and if its anything like
sfxt she will be able to avoid projectiles with it. Elena also has a slide
which allows her to go under projectiles. Im not sure if her Rhino horn special
will go over projectiles perhaps the ex version. I also think her overhead
special (cartwheel/ dont know name) also goes over fireballs.

Sent from Samsung Mobile