Re: [cpsig] identity of a structure on the Coquihalla-- Dry Gulch bridge

  • From: KVRailway <kvrailway@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:51:16 -0700

You had me going there for a minute Kaley, but I think I can answer your question. At some point in the vicinity of Dry Creek, construction contractors built an aerial tramway to lower material from the canyon rim to the floor of the valley. I took a look at one old photo and the structure you mention shows very clearly. To me it looks like the head frame of an aerial tramway. and I'm willing to bet a good chunk of money that's exactly what it was.

Joe Smuin

- "Joey, the secret to telling a good railway story is to always try to stick just as close to the facts as possible." --- Cliff Inkster.
- The secret to contacting Joe by email is to be sure to insert "Joe" or "Mr. Smuin" into the main text portion of any message you send to him, and thus your message should percolate through his spam filters.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaley Hoffman" <khoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>