RE: [cpsig] Re: Woodchip Cars

  • From: <onr_dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 13:37:03 +0000

Dave from Pembroke I use to ride both cn and cp locals down to a plant called the Canadian Splint at one time Now I do recall seeing these 40 foot woodchip cars all the time .As i rember they dont have any braceing across the tops of the cars .I can remember them as a complete open top .When I was a kid I got on one of these loaded cars and walked from one end to the other now I do have part of that woodchip artical from the magazine The other I will have to locate .so both cn and cp 40 foot woodchip cars did not have a top braceing folks..Dave from Pembroke.

From: "James" <alcazar_1971@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cpsig] Re: Woodchip Cars
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:28:52 -0000

Hi folks,

There were 2 articles about kitbashing Canadian woodchip boxcars i
model magazines in the past.

NMRA Bulletin September 1986 Open Loads column had an article with
several prototype pictures.

Railroad Model Craftsman July 1990 had a kitbashing article on CN's
woodchip boxcars

James