Re: [cpsig] Re: Speaking of station plans

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:25:43 -0400

When i read all the grandiose plans for the Goderich Station I can,t help of thinking of Muskoka where there allways somebody coming along withnsome plan for a great bussiness which if it gets built The entrepenure goes bankrupt but some how skips town driving his new Mercedes and the local taxpayers are left with another white elephant. Now is a restaurant going to be that much more financially sucessful 300 feet west I don,t thinks so . If they put in a good restaurant that serves top notch food and hires professional couterious wait staff . It will work. maybe the restaurant bussiness is a crap shoot. lookat Leaside station. That was run by Canadian Pacific Hotels I loved the place went thee very often . My friends even organied my bachelor dinner there. But it closedup. Then another person came along with 2 dinnig cars and tried well thse cars are trackside in Lake Louise last time I was there. So as I say a restaurant is a crap shoot . Then theres the possibility that Goderich gets a chance for expanding commerical development . The relocated station is in the way and the restaurant is abandoned what happens the wrecking ball and Goderich looses big time. I say leave the station where it is . Put the money into hiring a real top notch chef . Pay some professional wait staff well and people will come and keep coming back . All this novelty restaurant goes down the tube when they serve swill with trailertrash wait staff. The Sagamo in Gravenhurst I,M dating myself A restaurant aboard a old Steamer in a harbour . The food was absolute trash nand the staff well . They went bankrupt. The ship was under renovations when it burned. The second owner would have really had it rough because of the previous reputation. just a warning before the Goderich council gets all stary eyed and bites for this pie in the sky dream. regards DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve" <shoshel@xxxxxxxxx>