Re: [cpsig] Re: Photo location help

  • From: Craig Talbot <talbotc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 21:57:28 -0600

Ah, you mean the siding, not the classic bridge shot? I'm assuming that's looking (railway) west, about here: https://goo.gl/maps/GrAi7o9GDzk. I've driven that road hundreds of times, and didn't make the connection. Although driving there usually takes 100% of my attention, not looking at the railway.

Yes, I agree a station sign. Brain fart!

Craig

sutherail@xxxxxxxx [cpsig] wrote:

That is Train #1 at Ottertail, looking down from the Trans-Canada Highway. What you called a mileboard is actually the station name sign, aligned parallel with the tracks. Ottertail is the first siding west of Field, beyond the crossing of the Ottertail River.

John Sutherland