Re: [cpsig] Re: Farnham & EmployeeTimetables

  • From: "KVRailway" <kvrailway@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:59:07 -0800

Subject: Re: [cpsig] Re: Farnham & EmployeeTimetables

Your post makes a lot of sense, John. CNR/CV also tended to show
scheduled manifests in the superior direction. GT(NE) ETT's ceased
scheduled manifests in both directions. Both CPR and CNR/U.S.
subsidiaries operated under the Uniform Code rulebook, 1962 edition
by that time.

John

John Hutchins, P.O. Box 595, Littleton, MA 01460-0595

Interesting to see how practises varied around the country. The exact opposite was the case in KV territory. So far as I know, east was usually considered the superior direction, but for most of the years that scheduled freights were run across Kettle Valley territory, the scheduled trains ran westbound and the eastbounds were run as extras. This was the case right into the early 1970s. The exception was the Carmi Subdivision which, for reasons unknown to me, during the last couple of years or so, showed a scheduled freight in both directions even though it was only a 3 time per week wayfreight.

Joe Smuin