Re: [cpsig] Radios

  • From: "KVRailway" <kvrailway@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 02:25:52 -0800

Brian, I'd have to do a little research to give you a definite answer, but I feel very confident in telling you that if you are modeling 1953, then you don't have to worry about antennas!! At that point, at least out here in the west, the only way the CPR had managed to marry waves and radios was for a trainman to wave his arms while a radio played in a house beside the tracks.

Joe Smuin

1. - "Joey, the secret to telling a good railway story is to always try to stick just as close to the facts as possible." --- (the late) Cliff Inkster; CPR Engineman, raconteur and philosopher.
2. - The secret to contacting Joe by email is to be sure to insert "Joe" or "Smuin" into the main text portion of any message you send to him, and thus your message should percolate through his spam filters.
----- Original Message ----- From: "bmf407" <bfreemantle@xxxxxxx>