Re: [cpsig] KVR - RHONE

  • From: "KVRailway" <kvrailway@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:43:47 -0700

Aha! You obviously haven't got a copy of my book KETTLE VALLEY RAILWAY MILEBOARDS or you'd already know the answer to your questions. :>)

Rhone was never more than it is right now. It had a small rural school for many years and a small sawmill or two, but it was never a town in the usual sense of the word, but rather a settlement. There was never any sort of railway facility there beyond a passing track, sectionhouse, sectionmen's bunkhouse and tool shed. I can't imagine what tracks you would have seen other than the main line and the passing track.

Joe Smuin

1. - "Joey, the secret to telling a good railway story is to always try to stick just as close to the facts as possible." --- (the late) Cliff Inkster; CPR Engineman, raconteur and philosopher.
2. - The secret to contacting Joe by email is to be sure to insert "Joe" or "Smuin" into the main text portion of any message you send to him, and thus your message should percolate through his spam filters.
----- Original Message ----- From: "train2424" <drhone@xxxxxxxxx>