RE: [cpsig] HO Intermountain CPR FP7 and F7B

  • From: "Trevor Sokolan" <petralph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 04:50:37 +0000

From: "Mike Sowsun" <msowsun@xxxxxxxx>
I just picked up my Intermountain CPR FP7 and F7B. They run very
well and the QSI sound system is very impressive even on straight
DC.

Overall they are quite nice but if you are a bit of a rivet counter
like me, then you will see many problems......

I know the feeling, my biggest beef was the lack of undecorated models. I had to buy my 2 painted for CP just so I can strip them down and repaint them in action red! (a bath in a mix of 99% and 71% isopropyl alcohol takes the paint right off)

I was a little ticked at the back up light too, from what I can see if you carve off the original, you have to fab up some ribs to go where the light was, I would have prefered a model with no backup light.

The QSI sound is OK, but the Soundtraxx 1st generation decoder sounds more like a non turbo EMD 567.

-Trevor