Re: [cpsig] Going DCC

  • From: Michael Rozeboom <michael.rozeboom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:53:50 -0500

soomodels wrote:

Hello Group

I've decided to make the move to DCC so some of my VH steamers will have to go.
Before I go at large on Ebay I thought I'd offer them to this group.

I have a Selkirk T1a, A Pacific G3/4 (painted) (with elephant ears), A N2
consolidation painted, and an E-8 painted but unfinished all by Van Hobbies.
All are DC and were never run by me other than for short test runs

Converting them to DCC is no big deal. Break the connection to the frame, insert decoder between motor and power pickups, and you are in business.

No harder than plastic, in some cases easier. I did the conversion to DCC on my Royal Hudson within hours of buying it. To make it interesting it already had a Hornby Zero 1 decoder installed...

I'm working on installing sound in my CPR "Santa Fe", just looking for the chuff cams right now. Plus I have two other brass locomotives in various stages of re-assembly for the DCC conversion. Right after I stuff the new Tsunami boards into my plastic FAs. (The LC decoders suck, so they'll probably end up in some dummies.)

--

Michael Rozeboom
Team Amiga

-=-=-
... "To sum up, you can rest assured that the CD32 really is the future of home entertainment. Commodore has made mistakes in the past when launching new products but we have learnt from them. They will not occur again" (Donald Pleasance - Commodore UK General Manager).
-- CU Amiga, August 1993