Re: [cpsig] CPR passenger service to Seattle

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:18:15 -0500

With the locos being developed in 1914 the idea of developing the classs had to be forgotten with the war effort thats a given and CPR,s appproach to motive poweronly 2 4-8-4s then the 2-19 -4s for mountian service . The mounrians were oddballs on CPR regards DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: <grandcs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: jpinchbeck@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:40:42 -0500

1940,s Now maybe one of the cp sig steam grurs knows why they were scrapped
early?? Van Hobbies did a model of them but they don,t fit in my1950,s time

There were 95 G3's delivered between 1942 and 1945. I think there wouldn't
be any justifiable reason the pair of oddballs around.

Jeff