Re: [cpsig] CP Tracks

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 00:50:08 -0500

I got my latest issue of CP Tracks and have read it cover to cover this is a classic issue !!!! I have a fond memory of Terrace Bay station . my family was camping nearby and it started raining a Sat night in august it rained so hard that our tent had a floor but the wate go so deep we we floating around the tent on our air matress,s So we abandoned the campsite for a motel in Terrace Bay it kept poaring I walked over to the station .Being a Sunday it was closed and a freight came thru . I went thru Terrace Bay on the Canadian Several trips. but not by car till2007 of course it was long gone . It was great to read about it . The Lake Erie and Northern has allways facinated me Rogers artilce is excellent . I also found the Arrostock article a lot of very interesting information . And the Article about the Soo Line in Northern Michigan a really good read The paint scheme illustrated is so different interesting,. A really great issue . One thing no body has ever written about Canadian Pacifics Great Lakes Service I was very fortunate my familly sailed on both the Assinaboia and Keewatin in 1963. That was CPR service with CLASS!!!! I talked with John Newland of the BGR group( he makes those super detailed CPR models of the passenger fleet. he worked in dinning car service in 1965 had a very intersesting story to tell about the first class dining car service up till 1965.on the Canadian , Looking forwad to the next issue . agreat job regards DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Pinchbeck" <jpinchbeck@xxxxxxxxxx>