Re: [cpsig] CMT UPDATE-2009-04-09-APRIL FOOLS "GOTCHA" and EASTER COMMENTS

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:48:00 -0400

Tom at Canadian model trains Well sorry to here about your personal problems however the way manufacturers are these days when they annouce this great model coming I go the second tuesday next week or the leafs will win the Stanley Cup first .lol. When the great model finally arrives there is allways the problem of delivery . So please no jokes about introducing great models it ain,t funny of course had you been paying attention you would have you would have got a much better rise out of us if you had announced a TRUE LINE TRSANS ROYAL HUDSON !!! I know that the poor lady at MTH has been bombarded with e mails( thanks everybody ) telling them to build a Royal Hudson. I hope she is in the boss office begging that they build the &#92;Hudson just to shut us CPR fans up lol. happy passover /easter whatever holiday you wish to celebrate M Soapbox DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: "John" <zebrails@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Tom at CMT <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

www.modeltrains.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 1-905-338-1608
Orders only: 1-866-862-7277
Fax: 1-905-823-1770
Canadian Model Trains Inc.
NO TAXES OR DUTIES FOR U.S. OR OVERSEAS CUSTOMERS

CMT UPDATE
HO SCALE - APRIL 2009
APRIL FOOLS "GOTCHA" and EASTER MESSAGE

We have successfully got a few people with our April Fools note about SW1200RS models. I thought about putting in the list of models a GMD-1, or a chopnose GP-9, a new freight car announcement or new maintenance of way piece, such as a crane. We get inquiries about these and other models. If we sent it on April 1st everyone would be thinking about a prank. I did not have time to do anything last week, as I note below. We buried this in with legitimate comments to see if people were paying attention.

Sorry folks, there is no announcement about any of these future models from True Line Trains, Rapido Trains, Atlas, Kato, Athearn or anyone else. As modelers, we can only dream about them, or buy brass models.

As a family we have had a very trying past month, with my aunt Betty in a car accident, destroying her car, being hospitalized, then having 2 heart attacks. As I found out, once she was stable enough to be moved, getting an air ambulance and a hospital bed here was another feat. We arranged to get her from Florida back to Toronto in the past week. As well my mother had surgery and is out of the hospital. Both sisters are recuperating fine and the family will all get together tomorrow. It has been a mentally exhausting time with many nightmares.

One of our staff members has had two family members pass away within weeks. Last weekend I was at an all day seminar and heard from with a mother whose teenaged son was stabbed and died. Her comments were "I wish I had told him ..."

After the past month, it made me realize just how important your family, your faith and your friends are and yet we take it all for granted, saying little or nothing. When you sit around the table this weekend, or attend religious services, really give thanks for the joy in your life. Tell the person beside you how much you care about them. As I have thought over the past weeks, it is no sense having those thoughts of "I wish I had told her ...." at a funeral service. Turn that thought and emotion into action. Make it happen now, not later. If you send out positive energy and comments, they will return tenfold.

I admit to being the grumpy bear with my family and staff. So I missed my chance last week at an April 1st prank. My humour and spirits are on the rise now and you just were "pranked" as my son calls it. If anyone was offended, you have my apologies. I will try to time our prank next year for April 1st.

With my heartfelt thoughts, have an enjoyable Easter with your family and friends.

Best regards,
Tom Tomblin, President,
Canadian Model Trains Inc.
Email: sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx