Re: [cpsig] 0-6-0 loco headlight

  • From: "Rob Kirkham" <rdkirkham@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:29:03 -0800

Thanks for answering that Ray. I can imagine that sort of problem on yard tracks with rows of steel sided equipment. For my eyes, rainy nights on Vancouver streets create that same problem even now with over-bright headlights used on some cars. Back in the yard, I wonder whether locomotive headlight glare would have posed the same difficulty in an earlier time when wood sheathing had been the norm. I've never seen any documents describing these headlights or the union effort to have conventional headlights replaced with a dimmer model.

For the modelers out there, have any of you re-motored or otherwise modified or detailed the Van Hobbies U3e model? I'm looking for ideas and techniques.

Rob Kirkham