[cpha] Re: Happy Thanksgiving

  • From: ed652gray@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <cpha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:58:26 -0500

Ian -

Since you are no longer a Dominion and you are representative democracy (in
your terms parliamentary democracy), by most peoples definition and the one
in my Political Science book (1969), a representive democracy is a republic.

Maybe the definitions in Montreal are different, I think I will have to re-read
Mordecai Richler's "Oh Canada - Oh Quebec! (LOL)

At any rate, Have a Great Thanksgiving.

Ed Gray
JCMO

On 10/10/21, iftntnfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thank you for the wishes.  However a correction if I my.

Canada is NOT a Republic.

We are a parliamentary democracy.

Regards,

Ian