Re: Double-ended Snowplow correction

  • From: PBowers <waiting@xxxxxxx>
  • To: C-P-R@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,CPsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:00:41 -0500

Check out http://www.pwrr.org/prototype/revelstoke/Revelstoke9.JPG. I was just thinking CP did have double ended plows although they were on flangers. CP flangers were wood sheathed or steel cars rebuilt from box cars.....(the steel ones anyway), looked like a caboose/van with a long cupola. Underneath they had a "V" plow facing both ways unless the car was equipped for operation on double track in which case the plow threw the snow outward to the side of the track. Only the plow facing in the direction of movement was used. The other plow remained in the up position. Could this be the mystery plow?

Peter

At 11:33 AM 3/26/07, you wrote:

>  It sounds more like a CN plow. CP AFAIK did not have anything like
> that.
Thanks for pointing me to the CN picture. However I'm sure it was CP as
it was sitting in the yard in Sutherland. I meant to get a picture of it
but didn't have my camera at the time and forgot to go back.

Peter Bowers