Re: [C-P-R] Re: Dukold was: mystery commodity

  • From: PBowers <57era@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: C-P-R@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, canadianbranchline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, C-N-R@xxxxxxxxxxx, cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:33:35 -0400

At 02:45 AM 09/06/03, you wrote:

Another possibility is could it be some type of refrigerant or Dry
Ice?   -   Tim Tumber

I don't think so but with the name it is a good guess. There was 200 tons of it sent at one time to our local yard and single cars of over 50 tons to a bunch of small communities in the area. The only place in Hagersville that was big enough to ship that quantity of material was the quarry related businesses. (gypsum and stone products and crushed stone. As previously mentioned, one potential was road materials. I mentioned that asphalt would be likely locally produced. One thing I thought of was a road patching material. This is known as cold patch. Again though, I don't know if this was locally produced or if it would be produced in a central far off <G> place like Hagersville.
Peter