Re: CP van storm doors

  • From: Vic <vic@xxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 23:29:54 -0500

     Posted by:mile179kingston@xxxxxxxx  mile179kingston
     Date: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:43 pm ((PST))

Hi Cyrus,
There are several photos of CP Angus Shops vans with the storm doors wide open in the post to my blog, Trackside Treasure, link follows. In the post, I mention that it was rare to spot a van with the storm doors closed, though this likely changed in wintertime.

IME with old style wooden vans, mostly in the 60's on CP, storm doors were usually closed. But this was in the winter months. In cases of extreme temperature swings, when it heated up quite quickly indoors, we kept them open.

These storm doors were replaced annually with full height screen doors for summer use and the screen doors too usually remained closed, in often futile efforts to keep flies and mosquitoes out. They were replaced with storm doors annually, in time for every winter.

VRP