1958 - Suitable CP Power for live interchange

  • From: "Roger Traviss" <rogertra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:08:58 -0700

I'm considering a live interchange when I (eventually) get round to rebuilding my freelanced GER.

I'm planing on a single station/yard that will occupy a 30 foot wall with staging on the other 30 foot wall in a 10 x 30 foot room.

The station platform and building will be within the diverging junction of a possible CPR branch and the GER main.

I wish now I hadn't disposed of my CPR D10 many years ago as it would have been suitable power for at least one train.

I'm thinking at least one CPR branch passenger per day, one CPR local freight and one through CPR freight.

Passenger train would terminate at the platform and the power will go to the roundhouse for layover and or turn around while the freights would terminate in the yard and the power sent to the roundhouse for turn around and layover. Passenger cars could be moved to a small two or three track coach yard as the junction will be an outer terminal for Montreal commuters. Station and yard situated about where Farnham QB is located.

Much as I'd like CPR steam, it doesn't look as though it will be affordable so what suggestions would you have for typical CPR diesel power, or affordable steam if it's possible, for the above scenario?

As I like the fleet look to my power, I'd will probably buy at least two of each of the affordable suggestions.

Cheers.

Roger Traviss

Photos of the late HO scale GER: -

http://www.greateasternrailway.com

For more photos not in the above album and kitbashes etc..:-
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/rogertra/Great_Eastern/