Re:1908 Walkerton Branch plan

  • From: PBowers <57era@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BruceRys@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 00:37:39 -0400

I made a couple of corrections on the description at e-bay. Additional info to the description is as follows: The plan noted is the CPR connection to the GTR spur to the huge Knechtel plant. The spur to the extreme right is the GTR connection to the CP and the line heading up off this track and ending just before the GTR spur actually crossed the spur and proceeded to two more furniture factories and the flour mill as well as CP's storage and team tracks, cattle shed and freight shed.
pbb

At 11:54 PM 22/05/03, you wrote:

I noticed this for sale on E-bay tonight - I've no connection to the seller but thought some might be interested. The description reads in part:

This is an original ink on linen drawing of the Walkerton Branch - Hanover. The plan is dated August 1908. It shows various spur lines in the vicinity of the old G.T.R. spur and the plan is for the proposed siding to serve the then Knechtel Furniture Co.

 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2175616928&category=1445

Rob Kirkham