[CCM] Competition Update

  • From: christopher scafero <cscafero@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Corvette Club MI <corvetteclubmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 17:29:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We are just one week away from the start of the CCM competition season.  Gordon
McCann is chairing the Luck of the Irish Rallye next Sunday, March 27th.
Follow
the link to the flyer below.  If you aren't interested in running the rallye
but
would like to socialize, please join us at the rallye end point.  Contact
Gordon
for information.

http://www.corvetteclubmi.com/images/Flyers%202011/March%2027,%202011%20Rallye%20Flyer.pdf

We are about one month away from the start of the autocross season.  Our first
event is April 17th at the Poletown  Plant, preceded on Saturday by the
autocross school and test & tune on April 16th.  Saturday is free for members,
and you will receive alot of seat time to shake off the winter rust, so please
plan to attend.  Experienced drivers will be called upon to instruct for new
drivers.  If you are a new member or will be new to CCM competition this year,
please plan on coming to our New Member Orientation on THURSDAY April 14th
(this
is changed recently from Friday) at Les Stanford Chevrolet.  Among other
aspects
of CCM, I will be giving an overview of the CCM competition program.  Links to
flyers:

New member orientation:
http://www.corvetteclubmi.com/images/Flyers%202011/CCM%20new%20orientation%20-%202011.pdf

Autocross School/Test & Tune:
http://www.corvetteclubmi.com/images/Flyers%202011/2011%20CCM%20School%20and%20TT.pdf

2nd & 3rd Generation Autocross:
http://www.corvetteclubmi.com/images/Flyers%202011/Apr17ax2.pdf ;

Online registration for autocross events will be available soon at
myautoevents.com.  I will send a notice when it opens.

Please remember that the helmet requirement is updating to Snell 2005 minimum
this year.  You are also allowed to use a 2000 if the helmet shows a date of
manufacture sticker within the last ten years.  I recently purchased a new
helmet from saferacer.com, which had free shipping and also a 10% off discount
coupon code (google saferacer coupon code).  There was however a backorder
(Bell
helmet), but I received my new helmet in just under a month.

Also, we are in need of volunteers at key positions at our autocrosses this
year.  We will need 2-3 volunteers at Tech.  This position requires familiarity
with NCCC and Detroit Council rules and classes, but it is an early job that
finishes around noon, giving you the opportunity to socialize and spectate the
rest of the day.  We could also use a few volunteers in Timing and Scoring, and
in particular operating the Timing and Registration software.  Please contact
me
if you are interested in any of these positions or need more info on any of
them.

See you at the rallye in a week,

Chris Scafero
CCM Competition Director