[cool_harbor] Re: Connections and NetBeans?

  • From: "Richard Johnson" <richardj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cool_harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:58:13 -0700

Johnny Kewl wrote:
> Its trying to start a class on the server... but there is no tomcat.
> Trapping exceptions is some cases (most of the comms) is optional in
> Harbor.
>
> Just one other thing.... if you debug thru the Ship, and it doesnt
> want to move to the next line.
> Look behind NB.... the dialog is sitting there asking for permission
> to continue.
> For some reason when debugging, the Harbor dialogs dont show above NB.
>
> Otherwise you should be able to step thru that Ship code.

Thanks for the pointers about the modal dialog popping up at the bottom
of the stack.  That frustrated me previously.

It turns out the real culprit was that my tomcat runs on 8084 instead of
8080.  Oops.  Just thought I'd mention that in case some other newbie
also trips over the obvious.
--
Richard J.