[contestms] CMS used in Japanese Olympiad in Informatics

  • From: Masaki Hara <ackie.h.gmai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:19:57 +0900

Dear CMS team,

I'm happy to report that the Japansese Committee of the IOI (JCIOI)
successfully conducted our IOI team selection contest using CMS.

I placed our source tree on GitHub.
https://github.com/qnighy/cms-joi2013sp

Here I will explain our changes.

(1) We didn't use Pascal, so we disabled it.
(2) We didn't use User Tests and Communication feature of CMS, so we
disabled it.
(3) In order to distinguish submissions easily, we added source codes in
submission detail.
(4) We didn't use tokens. Instead, we defined the score of a task as the
maximum of all submissions. We distributed infinite tokens on analysis time.
(5) We created a new task type (named "Communication2"). The task type is
similar to TwoSteps, but the two programs communicate bidirectionally (in
some restrictions.)
(6) We created a new score type (named "JoiGroupMin"). The score type is
similar to GroupMin, but test groups and test files are named, and test
files can occur in two or more groups.
(7) We created importer/reimporter to import our contest from filesystem
(named "JoiImporter").

Our tree is not so far from the current master branch.

(1), (2), (4) and (7) seem to be special, but I think (3), (5) and (6) are
helpful in general case. Therefore, I will adjust and pull-req these
patches later.

We'd like this result to be inserted in the README.md file. The contest is
"training camps for the selections of the national IOI teams of Japan", as
well as of Australia and other countries. We conducted this contest for 4
days, from 2013/03/20 to 2013/03/23.

Best regards,

Masaki Hara