[contestms] Re: CMS in the cloud

  • From: Artem Iglikov <artem.iglikov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 23:33:49 +0600

I'm not an expert too, and I also understand possible "fight for the
resources" between VMs. I really thought that testing results would be
awful. But, probably because I use so-called 'Compute-optimized' instances
(see description here: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/), testing
results are pretty stable. And this part of the description gives me a
large hope in their overall stability (remember, I'm not an expert,
especially in hardware): "Each virtual CPU (vCPU) on C3 instances is a
hardware hyper-thread from a 2.8 GHz Intel Xeon E5-2680v2 (Ivy Bridge)
processor".

--
Artem Iglikov