[contestms-dev] Re: Unify submissions and user tests

  • From: Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:37:32 +0100

Hi Fabian.

Il 11/11/2013 02:29, Fabian Gundlach ha scritto:
> currently, the CMS code contains some code duplication concerning submissions
> and user tests. See for example cms/db/submission.py, cms/db/usertest.py and
> EvaluationService.

I agree with out. Actually, I've been planning for some time already to
heavily refactor/rewrite ES, which is in a rather critical position at
the moment in my opinion.

Unfortunately the UserTest option was added pretty in a rush, and it has
never been well polished after that.

Starting half of this week, I should have much more free time and I plan
to spend some on CMS, mostly on ES.

> What do you think about merging submissions and user test code where possible
> and extending features to user tests also? Is there maybe already any
> progress
> towards this? Concerning AWS, it would be wise to wait for Luca's rewritten
> AWS, I guess.

I'm pretty sure that Luca's rewriting of AWS will be much cleaner than
before, but I don't know any specific fact about UserTest management.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Pisa, Italy