Re: [ConstellationTalk] Remote teaching

  • From: Michael Reddy <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ConstellationTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:29:19 -0400

Hi Steve,
Really glad to hear that constellation teaching is beginning to show up in this context.  :-)
I've been teaching teleclasses around family constellation work for 3 years now.  Constellations Core Concepts is 7, 90min sessions based on my book HEALTH, HAPPINESS, & FAMILY CONSTELLATIONS, which is a somewhat more conceptual look at Family Constellations than most books on the subject.  I am a former cogntiive scientist who slowly evolved into a shaman and healer, so I stil enjoy things like naming techniques, trying to create guidlines for the process that make sense, etc.
I am careful always to make it clear that I do not feel conceptual descriptions are anything but guideposts to an experiential process that cannot be contained in words or even that well understood at this point.
In addtion, I teach also a class on Home Altar Constellations (described in Ch 4 of the book), which are a slower, iterative kind of constellation that takes place over time using household objects and a tabletop altar.  And then I teach a teleclass that explains and gives training to facilitators in how to conduct various kinds of remote constellations via Phone or Skype.  The different ways of doing this depend on the technical skills and visualization skills of both the facilitator and the client.
Descriptions of these classes are under menu items "I Offer>Teleclasses" on my website, or in a catalogue here
http://www.reddyworks.com/images/pdf/TeleclassPlannerAllPages1.pdf
You can also download my Poster Presentation on Home Altar Constellations from the 2013 Seattle Constellation Conference here
http://www.reddyworks.com/images/pdf/HomeAltarPoster1.pdf
Finally, there are three efforts that I know of to create an online shared image space for doing remote constellations.  The most advanced of these is available in Beta still at no charge at
http://coachingspaces.com/
This is a fully 3 dimensional space in which either client or facilitator can manipulate the figures.  This requires some training for the facilitator and at the same time a client who is comfortable with technology.
Doing one on one constellations remotely, or doing constellaitons with a group who are teleconferenced requires in my opinion additional practice and skill sets beyond our traditional, in person, one-on-one or group workshop formats.  However, in good hands they do work very well.  At this point, since I live in an area of the US where workshops are very hard to keep going, remote constellations constitute the bulk of my practice.  I believe they have also been the lynchpin of Dan Booth Cohen's practice as well.
I'd be happy to chat with you if you thought it might help you in preparing your course.  And again, I'm most happy to see something like this happening.
Sincerely,Michael
Michael Reddy,
PhDCPC, ELI-MP
michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   610 469 7588www.reddyworks.comRelieving Chronic Emotional/Physical Suffering usingFamily Constellations | Core Energy Coaching | EFT | Shamanism

On Mar 16, 2014, at 9:26 PM, Steve Vinay Gunther wrote:

I have recently taken on the position of director of a Masters in Spiritual Psychology course at Ryokan College, in LA. The college runs MFT courses, and all teaching is online. This is a bit new for me.

I am putting a unit on Constellations into the curriculum. But that means its going to be taught through a 4 hour online teaching session, plus readings, and online discussion between students.
I am a bit daunted, as obviously I don’t just want to give them the theory, but its a bit strange, in terms of how to do something experiential with a group of people, each sitting on their individual computer.
If anyone has any experience of this kind of thing, I would be interested in hearing…
Vinay