Re: [ConstellationTalk] Ethics and Associations

  • From: Barbara <barbara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ConstellationTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:12:32 -0600

Hello Tanya,

So good to hear your voice. It's been a long time since we were roommates in that long-ago training south of Munich - was it 2003? This is critical perspective if we want the field to grow.

Barbara

On 4/28/2017 8:39 AM, Tanja Meyburgh tanja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [ConstellationTalk] wrote:

Dear Colleagues

I have been training constellation facilitators in South Africa since 2005 and I am fully in support of having an association and a code of ethics. As first-generation South African constellations colleagues, we founded the Systems Constellations Association of South Africa which requires a certain amount of training and signing the co-created code of ethics to join. One of the requirements to stay a member is to attend ongoing professional development and inter-vision. In my experience, facilitators need to stay in contact with their colleagues and find ongoing support from their knowledge lineage. We are accountable to each other as colleagues and also to the reputation of this work as a community. No-one can stand above this accountability, and It concerns me when facilitators do not take responsibility for their actions or do not feel accountable to their colleagues. The field does not reveal all because it is open to many interpretations. Healthy boundaries are lacking in many cases where constellations have gone wrong. Reflecting on our work and on those of our teachers is an important aspect of learning and growth. There may be many opinions on this work in Russia that Sophie and Bert did, but for me one of the main features is that humility is lacking and ,to me, that is a key aspect of the stance of the constellation facilitator.
Kind regards

Tanja Meyburgh

Founder and Director
African Constellations