[CTS] Re: need suggestion for video editing

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:56:29 -0500

On Sunday 29 January 2006 18:55, David Bruce Jr. wrote:
> what is the best format to rip a movie? .mpeg? .wma?

The format doesn't matter as much as a whole bunch of other factors
(compression, bitrate, audio stream, resolution, cpu usage, encoding time,
intended purpose, etc.).  But there are better formats out there in general
than both mpeg and wmv, so I'd do more research to figure out what you're
really trying to accomplish.

(And FWIW, I find wmv to be awful compared to say, quicktime.)

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: http://www.nerdarium.com
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm