[CTS] Re: "mysterious" windows hack

  • From: Ross Nelson <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 15:43:52 -0500 (CDT)

> >> Sorry, guess make a shorter link doesn't always work.
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q328691
> >Heh, what'd you save there, like a dozen characters?
> What's your point?

A dozen characters can be a lot....I'm currently SSHing from a Mac to my
laptop and often I can't copy and paste properly, so if I know a link is
for software I have to either wait and use PuTTY on my desktop
(Win2kProSP2), or type it out manually in another connection.  Especially
with the above, if it were some *nix software that I wanted, the MASL one
would be *much* better.  :)

Just so you know
Ross

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/list_options.htm