[CTS] Re: dmesg output

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:50:47 -0700

If ntfs support be the possible problem, then wouldn't  it be logical
that the other hard drive(s) partitions would not mount as well? The two
80gb drives mount with no problem. <scratching head>

It's getting late and it's bedtime, so I'll give it a shot tomorrow if I
have the time.

Thanks John.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:32:18 -0500, John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> took time
to say the following:

JM> Good, so you've got quite a few partitions on the disk that should be
JM> mountable.  Next, make sure you've got ntfs support in your kernel with
JM> `grep ntfs /proc/filesystems`.  If you get no output, you don't have
support
JM> for ntfs and that's the root of the problem.
JM>
JM> If that's the case, load the driver with `modprobe ntfs`.  (Redo the grep
JM> above if you want.)  Then mount up the fs and you'll be good to go.  If you
JM> want that driver to load on boot, just add it to the list in /etc/modules.
JM>
JM> John

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm