[CTS] Re: another ram question..

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:36:17 -0400

On Tuesday 08 September 2009, CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the issue might be?  Between  FireFox crashing, and
> the BSOD's...it's driving me nuts.  The ram runs at  800 mhz, my original
> ram was 2@ 512mb 667 mhz.  Could the 800 mhz thing be  causing an issue,
> when I run both of them?  I bought the ram from Dell,  after giving them my
> service code..etc.  I'm at a loss......  Jackie

I actually have an XPS also giving me fits in the same scenarios.  I'd send
the RAM back to Dell.  Can anyone chime in on DDR2 ram type mixing?  At the
very least, I imagine you'd want to keep the different speed sticks on
different memory channels.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: http://www.nerdarium.com