[CTS] ZoneAlarm question

  • From: Tayberry <tayberry.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello there.  I've been in the background of your list
reading along (as I have time).  90% of the time,
everything said is over my head (oh well), but
sometimes I get something I can understand.

I'm looking for a little info/advice.

I recently installed the free version of ZoneAlarm and
I've been watching (in awe) at all the attempts to
access my computer from ?sales companies?  Anyway,
while looking at the log I saw one that looked a
little strange.  Instead of a dot com name I saw this:
 joshua raasumaa-1.dorm.usm.main.edu with this
address: 130.111.158.143.  I used a site to find that
this is the system for the University of Maine.

My question is:  Can anyone tell me what the heck this
is?  By the name, it looks like someone is doing funny
stuff from their dorm room.  OR  is this just as much
nothing as all the other stuff in the ZoneAlarm log?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Charlene

http://sbc.yahoo.com

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm