[CTS] Re: Your Backup Methods

  • From: "Peter" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 13:08:12 -0500

Here is my current setup:

On a PC, I usually have 3 internal hard drive. The OS drive [C$], currently
a 160 GB SATA drive. My Data drive [D$]- 500GB, and my Data_bkup drive [E$]-
500GB. On a nightly basis, I have True Image setup to perform a disk copy of
C$, that dumps it to a folder on D$, and sends me an email with a completion
status. I have robocopy, via a batch script, that runs every three hours,
that backs up the entire D$, to E$. Alerts are send to the terminal and via
email if the backup fails for any reason. Then, every month, I backup D$, to
an external HD that is keep off-site.

On a MAC, I am currently using Time Machine [Leopard Feature] for day-to-day
file backups, which utilizes a 320GB external drive. On a monthly basis, I
use Super Duper to copy the drive to an external hard drive, which is kept
off-site.

Hal, to answer your question, I practice defensive driving when I'm on the
road. I use the same principal's with technology. Use the tools and methods
to protect yourself and try to inform ignorant ones... :-)

--------
Peter