[CTS] XP sounds

  • From: Hal Brown <hal@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 06:42:39 -0500

I put a DVD/CD-ROM in a PC running Windows XP.  In order to play movies
from the DVD I had to install the DVD Pack (a third party app that you get
through the MS web site).  Now, the sounds on the computer won't
work.  They start to work, but get cut short.  WMP works fine and  all
music files and sound files will play through WMP, but not through
applications that use sounds.  For example, the start up sound, empty
recycle bin, etc.  This is not a device problem.
I've searched for a couple of days, but can't find anything related to this.
Could this be a Directx issue?
Does anyone have any ideas?
All help appreciated.

Lethologica means the inability to remember the right word, or something
like that.

--
Hal Brown
mailto: hal@xxxxxxxx