[CTS] Re: Wireless Question...

  • From: "Cuffy10" <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:22:49 -0700

http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Tina <chapman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: Computer Talk Shop <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Saturday, August 19, 2006 7:44 AM
  Subject: [CTS] Wireless Question...

  Mornin' all,

  I have a wireless question for ya'll. I have my laptop in the living room and
Tyler's computer in his bedroom hooked up as wireless from my main computer.
My house isn't all that big that I should be having a problem with signal
strength, but I think it's location.. The laptop is fine, sometimes the signal
strength drops to "low", but most of the time it's "good", never "excellent"
though unless I have the laptop here in the office... but in Tyler's room it's
always "low" or it just can't connect or hold a connection.  There are several
walls that the signal has to pass through to get into his room, so I'm guessing
that is the problem.

  Somewhere along the way I read where a someone (here) said "it reminds me a
lot of an antenna I have hooked to my wireless router to increase signal
strength in my house"... so my question is... does anyone have any
recommendation on one of these antennas, any idea where I can get one... and
what price range is reasonable for one?  I know, I know, I could do a Google
search, but you kinda have to know *what* you are looking for first! LOL

  Thanks!

  Tee :)