[CTS] Windows 7 update problem

  • From: "Murray Reid" <mreid30@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Computer Talk Shop" <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:36:30 -0400

Hi, I’m assuming this site is still alive.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64
bit and am having a problem with automatic updates.
when I shut down I get a message that Windows is installing 4 updates and do
not shut off the computer, it will shut down automatically.  The problem arises
when i start up the next day.  A message comes up that Windows is configuring
the updates.  Unfortunately they will not configure and keep trying for a long
time (15 minutes) before it gives up and loads windows.  Has anyone else had
this problem and know of a fix for it?  I had the same problem some months ago,
but I cannot recall what solved it.

Thanks