[CTS] Re: Upgrading Mem/ Laptop

  • From: CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:23:15 EDT

Russ..I went to the Dell website..gave them the info for my machine..so I
know what kind..and how much..it says it will only accept a max of 512, and the
one stick IS under the keyboard..and I don't want to deal with that..I will ask
my friend what he thinks..he said he could do it..but not sure if he knows
about the keyboard EMI thingy.  Sooooooo..we'll see..IF I order any..it will be
from the Dell site, specifically for this model Dell.  Oh..it's a Dell
Inspiron 2650..about 4 years old...roughly.
                                                  Jackie

In a message dated 4/19/2006 11:22:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
EMI plate is to prevent electromagnetic interference from affecting the
systemboard, and usually under the keyboard. Dell will kill you on fees and
you'll
find that each machine requires different memory types, not all 144 pin laptop
memories are keyed the same, some are a mere one connector off from others so
that error correcting and non-EC memories aren't used in the wrong slot. If
it's the right type and your machine will take 512 or 256mb I have some here.