[CTS] Re: Samsung Laser Printer.

  • From: Steve <spatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:34:14 -0500

Ordered the printer just 10 minutes ago. Hopefully it will be here by Friday, but I am sure it will be at least til Monday. Once it gets shipped I am sure my Dead Epson inkjet will start working again ;) Oh well, with the 70 dollar rebate, I couldn't pas it up. Plus it works with Linux, hopefully I can get it networked easily and won't have to worry about hauling it to the kitchen to print.

Russ Blakeman wrote:

Unless subjected to excessive moisture (don't use it in the bathroom) the
toner powder will be fine as it's semi-sealed and has anti-lumping
ingredients anyway. Toner is carbon, iron filings to aid in attraction and
plastics to assist in the fusing to the paper. FOr a printer like you are
looking for the main thing to look at is the cost of toners although at 150
sheets to 1000 sheets per month you won't use it up that quick. BTW I
repaired a copier Saturday that has been in storage outside - unheated and
other than covered it has no moisture barrier - and the toner in it was just
fine and it's a much older technology in toner no less.

If your color one gums up you need to run it once every two weeks even if
it's just to print out a windows test page.